Question by Goat_Mafia: Rasing baby turkeys (poults)? Is it the same as baby chicks?
I have raised 7 Black Austrolorp chicks, they are almost full grown know. And I am thinking of getting two or three turkeys. But I have some questions about it. The Poultry supply store that has them has two different types. There are whites and browns. Its not very specific, but I want the brown ones.
1. Can you keep just one, two, or three?
2. How long until they are full grown?
3. Do you keep them in the same type of brooder as chicks?
4. Do they need a heat lamp?
5. Would two or three turkeys get along with seven chickens? Its ok as long as they dont kill each other.
6. Are there any tips about raising turkey poults?
Thanks, I will pick a best answer.
Add your own answer in the comments!